Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dictionary Project ...

I saw this on another blog and loved the idea ...
Start with an old dictionary ... just old, not precious as you are going to stamp in it. And stamp ! Simple.
I do it when I sit down and am not sure what to begin. I just take out a set of stamps and start looking up the words that describe the stamp. Then I circle the word & stamp the image. It just gets me working ... stamping, choosing ink, cleaning stamps ... nothing difficult but it gets my hands going through the motions and starts me thinking. And then I see those lovely images stamped over book text and I get excited. My mind starts to think of other possibilities ... and I'm off !!! Think of it as artistic stretching & warm up ...lol.




So with my hand & mind limbered up ... I was ready to make this week's kit... sympathy cards ...

 
Tags ... I like to end a work session with a tag. This one uses Distress Stains, white pen doodles, stamping, and Crafter's Workshop templates ... love the templates.




2 comments:

  1. Well, I think this is rather a brilliant notion! I have several older but not sentimental to me dictionaries around here . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamping in the dictionary - so cool! I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete